Why Nurture Slings& why our customers love them!
Made With Love, Care and Certified Organic Cotton
Your child can choose how much he/she wants to take in and learn from the world. The Nurture Sling, unlike a lot of other front carriers, gives your child the option to look away, or at you, when in need of a break from all the learning and observing. Therefore, your child does not have to be exposed to too many influences too early and can actually choose to rest when tired.
Understanding the many benefits of Nurture Slings
- Baby Slings are great for settling small babies: your child is calmed by your movement, your soothing presence and the sound of your heart beating.
- Nurture Slings promote healthy spinal development in infants. They don’t put stress on babies’ spines, unlike some other popular front baby carrier wraps. Many well-known front carriers leave your baby’s legs to dangle, placing pressure in all the wrong places of the back and spine.
- By evenly distributing your baby’s weight across your back, the baby sling stays supportive and comfortable enough to wear all day whilst walking, cooking, shopping, cleaning, etc. You can also still carry your backpack or shoulder bag whilst out on the move.
- The deep pouch of the sling provides mothers with privacy to discretely breastfeed in public, even hands-free!
- Your child can choose how much he/she wants to take in and learn from the world. Unlike a lot of other front baby sling carriers, Nurture Sling gives your child the option to look away, or at you, when in need of a break from all the learning and observing. Therefore, your child does not have to be exposed to too many influences too early and can actually choose to rest when tired.
- Instead of taking 10 minutes to put your baby in a pram at the shops, take 10 seconds to put your baby in a safe and secure Australian made baby sling.
Our Organic Cotton is:
- the version of its conventional counterpart grown without pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, chemical fertilizers or any other chemicals;
- better for the Planet. Conventional cotton is one of the most chemically-dependent crops, using up 10% of all agricultural chemicals and 25% of all insecticides. That adds up to about 350g of chemicals to produce enough cotton for a pair of jeans;
- safer for people. Farm and factory workers are not exposed to chemicals during processing. Wearers are not exposed to chemical residue coming from the fabric, and;
- subject to strict rules and regulations by a 3rd party. Aside from the ongoing ban of pesticides and other chemicals, certification makes sure that the soil hasn’t been sprayed with any of the banned substances for at least three years.
Our Fair Trade, 100% Organic Baby Sling
- is the first organic, Australian made baby sling on the market.
- uses fabric that is grown and certified organic. The certifiers vary by location. US fabrics are certified to the USDA Organic standards and our organic fabrics from India are certified organic by SKAL/Control Union, and;
- uses fabric from India that is certified fairtrade throughout the whole process, from cotton fibre to fabric.
- has all prints conforming to the OTA fibre processing standards and GOTS. The fabric dyes and pigments are water based. They are synthetic but have been screened to prevent hazardous inputs from being used. All input must meet stringent toxicity screening and biodegradability standards.
Some Fun (but also serious) Facts About Organic Cotton
♥ Cotton is the most pesticide dependent crop in the world…..however Organic Cotton uses none. No matter which way you look at it, it’s way better for the environment & especially for parents and babies!
♥ Organic Cotton is a harmless natural fibre that is completely skin friendly, making it perfect for you to carry your precious little one in a Nurture Baby Sling.
♥ Organic production systems replenish and maintain soil fertility, reduce the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers, and build biologically diverse agriculture.
♥ As a result of consumer interest, organic cotton is used in everything from sanitary items, ear buds, beds, bed-sheets, toys, all types of clothes, and the best baby carriers.